This page explains the rules that we ask you to follow when you’re using kickers.co.uk, so please read them carefully and make sure you’re happy to abide by them before exploring the rest of the site (you may want to make yourself a fresh cup of coffee before you get started…)
Access to kickers.co.uk is allowed on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend access without notice.
We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our site, or our entire site, to users who have registered with us.
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat it as confidential, and you must not disclose it to anyone else.
When using our site, you must comply with the provisions of our Acceptable Use Policy.
If you register for a Kickers account, Kickers newsletter or enter any Kickers competition, you confirm that you are over the age of 16. If you are under the age of 16 and register for a Kickers account, Kickers newsletter or enter any Kickers competition, you confirm that you have acquired parental consent to do so.
All intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it, belong to Kickers and are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal reference. You must not modify the paper or digital copies in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Commentary and other materials posted on our site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
We aim to update our site regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
The Internet is by its nature an unreliable medium. Consequently you accept that this website is offered on an ‘as is basis’ and ‘as available basis’.
While Kickers takes all reasonable steps to ensure that kickers.co.uk is properly functioning at all times, we do not guarantee that this website will be un-interrupted, timely, secure or error free, that defects will be corrected or that this website or the server that makes it available are free of software viruses or bugs or other defects.
The material displayed on our site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Contracts for the supply of goods formed through our site or as a result of visits made by you are governed by our Terms and Conditions of Sale
We are happy to receive from you any ideas, suggestions, graphics, pictures or anything else (the “Material”), , but do please remember that, by sending us your submission you are effectively granted KICKERS (and any of its subsidiaries or associated companies) a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive right and licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, play, and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to any such work worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any media now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in the Material.
By submitting your Material to this site, you also warrant that:
You agree to indemnify Kickers against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by Kickers as a result of your breach of the above warranty. You also agree to waive any moral rights in the material for the purposes of its submission to and publication on the website and the other purposes specified above.
This means that all stories, comments, suggestions, ideas, graphics or other information sent to us can be used by us as we see fit. This includes using it for promotional, marketing or any other commercial purpose, whether in advertising, or in developing, manufacturing or marketing products. Under no circumstances are you entitled to any payment if we do use your Material for any purpose. So remember, don’t send us your Material if you don’t want us to use it or the world to know about it.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material, which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you. Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website from which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
If you wish to make any use of material on our site other than that set out above, please address your request to email@example.com
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any third party website links, you do so entirely at your own risk. Any questions or comments relating to third party websites should be addressed entirely to the operator of those third party websites.
The English courts will have (non)-exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to our site (although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country).
KICKERS and the KICKERS logos are registered trade marks of and used under licence from Kickers International B.V. www.kickers.co.uk is a registered domain name of Pentland Brands plc.
If you have any concerns about material, which appears, on our site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
These Terms and Conditions apply to the Kickers UK Back to School Competition (the “Competition”). By entering into the Competition entrants agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
1. The Competition opens at 12pm on Wednesday 5 September 2018 (the “Opening Date”) and closes at 11.55pm on Sunday 16 September 2018 (the “Closing Date”). No entries shall be accepted before the Opening Date or after the Closing Date. Entries are limited to one (1) entry per person. Entries not in accordance with the entry instructions are invalid.
2. The Competition is open to persons aged eighteen (18) or over, who are residents of the United Kingdom, Isle of Man and Channel Islands. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries that are misdirected, lost, delayed, damaged or corrupted due to any computer malfunction, virus, bug, delay or other reason whatsoever. The Competition is specifically closed to employees of the Promoter, any associated companies, their families and anyone professionally involved in this promotion.
3. In order to enter the Competition, entrants must: send a public or private message and/or photo with their or their child’s favourite school memory to Kickers UK’s Facebook or Instagram channel with the hashtag #schoolmemories. You must have the necessary permission for any message or photo that you submit as part of this Competition. This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram. Entrants are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook or Instagram. The information provided will only be used for purposes as detailed in these terms and conditions. Entrants agree that proof of submitting their entry to the Kickers UK’s Facebook or Instagram page shall not be proof of the Promoter’s receipt of entry.
4. NO PURCHASE OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO TAKE PART IN THIS COMPETITION.
5. There will be one (1) winner (the “Winner”). The prize is as follows: one £50 e-voucher for use on the Kickers UK website (the “Prize”)
6. The Winner of the Prize will be selected on Monday 17th September by the Kickers UK Digital and Social team from all entries received. The Promoter’s decisions shall be final. No correspondence will be entered into. The Winner will be selected based on the most interesting story and/or creative photo. The Winner will be contacted by social media message by the end of Monday 17th September. If the Winner cannot be contacted and does not respond by 8pm on Tuesday 18th September, the Promoter reserves the right to select another winner at random from the remaining eligible entries.
7. The Winner agrees to take part in post-Competition publicity at the request of the Promoter. By entering the Competition, entrants agree to the Promoter’s unrestricted use of any post-Competition publicity for the Promoter’s own purposes in all activities including, without limitation, marketing and promotional activities worldwide including use on the Promoter’s websites and social networking platforms.
8. The Prize may be altered or varied at the Promoter’s sole discretion and substituted with a prize which, in the Promoter’s sole opinion, is a suitable alternative. No cash alternatives are available. The Prize is non-transferable and may not be sold, offered for sale, coupled or bundled with any other product or services or used for any commercial or promotional purposes whatsoever.
9. The Winner’s name and county will be made available after Wednesday 19th September to those sending a stamped addressed envelope marked “Back to School competition” to: Phil Myers, Pentland Brands, Speedo House, Enterprise Way, ng2 Business Park, Nottingham NG2 1EN.
10. By entering the Competition, entrants agree that the Promoter may use entrant’s submission for the Promoter’s activities including, without limitation, worldwide marketing and promotional activities. Entrants agree that they are the intellectual property rights owner of the content of their submission and agree to grant the Promoter an irrevocable licence to use the content for the Promoter’s promotional and marketing activities including social media page(s) and websites.
11. Personal data which is provided by you when you enter will be processed in a database for the purposes of managing entry into the Competition and for promotional and marketing activities of the Promoter in relation to this Competition. By providing us with any personal information, you consent to the processing and storage of your personal information for these purposes. You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us via Direct Message on Facebook or Instagram. If you withdraw your consent, you will be withdrawn from the Competition. Please read https://www.kickers.co.uk/privacy-i4 to understand more about how Kickers UK will process your personal information and for further information on how to withdraw your consent.
12. Entrants accept that the Facebook/Instagram page is offered on an “as is” and “as available” basis. While the Promoter takes all reasonable steps to ensure that the Facebook/Instagram page is properly functioning at all times, the Promoter does not warrant that the Facebook/Instagram page will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Facebook/Instagram page or the server that makes it available are free of software viruses or bugs or other defects. The Promoter has no control over, and disclaims all responsibility for, any content which entrants (collectively known as “Users”), may encounter, or events which may occur as a result of any User’s use of the Facebook/Instagram page to the fullest extent permitted by law, and the Promoter shall not be liable for any damages or other losses of any type whatsoever incurred by Users as a result of their use of the Facebook/Instagram page. The Promoter does not exclude liability for death or personal injury, or any other losses which cannot be excluded or limited by law. However, by accepting these Terms and Conditions, Users accept that, to the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter cannot be liable to Users for any loss or damage which entrants may suffer as a result of using the Facebook/Instagram page. Users must take their own precautions (including but not limited to installing adequate protective measures to guard against software viruses and ensuring that up-to-date copies are made of all data) to protect Users against loss or damage.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions and/or cancel the Competition at its sole discretion.
14. The Promoter of this Competition is Airborne Footwear Limited trading as Kickers UK, whose registered office is at Pentland Brands Limited, Lakeside, Squires Lane, London, N3 2QL.
15. To the maximum extent permitted by law the Promoter and its related entities shall not be liable for any claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for damages or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with receipt, ownership and/or use of the Prizes.
16. By entering this Competition entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. All entry instructions form part of these Terms and Conditions. English law governs this Competition and each party submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.