We’re committed to making kickers.co.uk accessible to people with visual, hearing, or motor impairments. From RNIB-tested shortcut links to easy navigation, here are the measures we’ve implemented, in line with the Equality Act 2010, to make the website easy to use:
- We allow users to control text sizes through their browser or keyboard settings.
- We ensure there’s a suitable contrast between foreground and background colours.
- We use an easy-to-read font type, and clear and simple language and grammar.
- We provide meaningful text descriptions for pictures.
- We provide a sitemap and simple, consistent site navigation.
- We ensure the target of each link is clearly defined.
- We provide navigational shortcuts for users of text-only browsers and page readers. Included are Skip Links (RNIB tested) and WAI ARIA Landmark Roles (supported by JAWS 10, NVDA 2010.1 and Voice Over in iOS 4).
- We use appropriate structural mark-ups to maximise browser support.
- We ensure you can use the ‘Tab’ key to move through links, form controls, and objects in a logical order.
- We ensure all content and functionality is available to users without content style sheet (CSS), image and script support.
- We include default place-holding characters in edit boxes and text areas.
To make sure you’re getting the most out of kickers.co.uk, try these handy keyboard navigation tips:
- Pressing the ‘Tab’ key on your keyboard will allow you to move sequentially through the elements on the web page you’re viewing.
- After a page loads, pressing the ‘Tab’ key twice will bring up the keyboard navigation shortcuts or ‘Skip Links’. Press the ‘Enter’ key to move the focus to one of the optional locations on the page.
- Pressing 'Shift' and 'Tab' together will move focus through the Tab Index in the reverse order.
- Press 'Enter' to use/select the link or button you’re focused on.
- If you’re focused on a text field, you’ll see the cursor inside it and you’ll immediately be able to start typing.
- If you’re focused on a drop-down box or list, use the up and down arrow keys to select an option then press the ‘Tab’ again to move out of the box.
- If you’re focused on a radio button (option button) press ‘Spacebar’ to select it. You can also use the keyboard left and right arrows to move between the options in a set of radio buttons.
- If you’re focused on a checkbox press ‘Spacebar’ to select it.
Make sure Kickers.co.uk is comfortable to look at by adjusting the size of the text through your browser’s settings. Here’s how:
- Internet Explorer text size: from the 'View' menu in the browser, select the 'Text Size' submenu and choose the size that you would like to change to.
- Firefox text size: from the 'View' menu in the browser, select the 'Text Size' submenu and choose whether to increase or decrease the text size.
Alternatively you can zoom in or out using the following keys:
'Ctrl' and '+' to zoom In
'Ctrl' and '-' to zoom Out
'Ctrl' and '0' will reset the zoom level to its default
Kickers.co.uk has been tested on both PC and Mac and you can rest assured that the site is fully functional in the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer 7 and above
- Firefox 3.6 and above
- Safari (latest version)
- Chrome (latest version)
The site will also be functional in older browsers, however it should be noted that it might not look quite as beautiful!