We’re experts in creating footwear that’s both durable and showcases your personality, however we still have a lot to learn when it comes to sustainability. Our promise to you is that we are on the right track and doing work behind the scenes to reduce our impact on the environment. We also want to make this as transparent as possible, that’s why on every product page you can find the sustainability elements specific to that product.
We’ve also been busy reworking our classics so they are more sustainable but still the Kicks you love, check out what we’ve been working on below:
Let’s break it down:
- We use FSC certified paper for our shoeboxes. Made with 90% recycled cardboard material and natural soya ink makes them 100% recyclable when they’re in your hands. They’re also made from 80% post-consumer waste (cos, we hate to waste waste!)
- All our laces are now made with BCI (Better Cotton Initiative) cotton
- All the leathers we use come straight from LWG (Leather Working Group) certified tanneries. Fancy finding out more on this? Right this way.
- Our polyester mesh linings have been swapped in place for recycled polyester – it’s all about reusing!
- Every single pair of our Kicks feature our iconic rubber sole, and they’re made from 20% recycled rubber
Currently our school range is fully leather, we are working hard in the background on sustainable non-leather options and hope to share more soon. We will have vegan adults styles available from Autumn 2021.
Pentland brands holds the UK license for Kickers footwear and apparel, If you want to learn even more about our best practices, you can read our most recent Positive Business report.